About the Partnership
Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs) work at the regional, State, national or hospital system level to sustain and accelerate national progress and momentum towards continued harm reduction in the Medicare program, help identify solutions already working and disseminate them to other hospitals and providers. Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks:
- Develop learning collaboratives for hospitals;
- Provide a wide array of initiatives & activities to improve patient safety;
- Conduct intensive training programs to help hospitals make patient care safer;
- Provide technical assistance to help hospitals achieve quality measurement goals;
- Establish & implement a system to track & monitor hospital progress in meeting quality improvement goals.
- Identify high performing hospitals and their leaders to coach and serve as national faculty to other hospitals committed to achieving the Partnership goals.
- Coordinate with other PfP participants and stakeholders, including the members of the prime contractor QIN-QIO community (regional QIN-QIOs, BFCC-QIOs and BFCC-NCC partners)) and the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) where applicable, to collect and share data and other elements necessary to implement, operate, and evaluate the PfP and QIN QIO aims.
On May 25, 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) posted a request for proposals for Hospital Improvement Innovation Network contracts to continue the success achieved in improving patient safety.
A list of past HENs is available on the Archived Material web page.
On September 28, 2016 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded contracts to 16 Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks as a apart of the integration of the Partnership for Patients (PfP) Hospital Engagement Networks (HEN) into the Quality Improvement Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) program. More than 4,000 hospitals across 16 Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs) are participating in Partnership for Patients. The Partnership for Patients HIINs are listed below.
The 16 Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks:
- Carolinas Healthcare System
- Dignity Health
- Healthcare Association of New York State
- The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- The Health Research and Educational Trust
- Health Research and Educational Trust of New Jersey
- Health Services Advisory Group
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) Health Foundation
- Minnesota Hospital Association
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals’ Solutions for Patient Safety
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Premier, Inc.
- Vizient, Inc.
- Washington State Hospital Association